Friday, April 29, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that I am angry, upset, sad and frustrated

I confess I did not sleep last night as I was emailing with the High Commission in Nairobi

I confess that I was impressed with the prompt responses they gave

I confess I did not like the responses they gave but at least I got some information

I confess that the past 2 weeks have been very tough stress filled weeks with our adoption process

I confess that I lefdt work on Wednesday for parental leave and I expected to be leaving for Ethiopia very soon to go get my son

I confess the reason I did this and thought this is because I got an email from the High Commission saying our son's citizenship had been granted and a visa had been issued

I confess when I saw that I thought it was too good to be true

I confess I should have trusted my first instinct

I confess that I then got an email from the High Commission saying that our visa was not issued because our bank draft paying for the service of processing the visa was stale and we needed to send them a new one

I confess that we have spent $300 sending bank drafts 2 different ways praying one of them gets there soon and Addy's visa can be issued and come home

I confess I spent most of yesterday and today crying

I confess that I can't face going back to work and working until the visa actually is issued because I just can't face those people and explain why yet again, there is a problem with our adoption process

I confess that I just want to hide at home and I have no desire to talk to anyone

I confess I wish I was someone else today

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ange, I feel for you!! I hope this stale cheque problem will be resolved really really soon!! I still believe in miracles and he will be in your arms by Mother's day!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZY is all i can say, I am so sorry this is happening. Big hugs sent your way.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange - I am frustrated for you! Proper communication should not be this difficult. I hope that next week it all gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete