Monday, April 4, 2011

Music Monday

So in a post last week I said I found music inspirational and that I would post on Mondays for the next little while music that has inspired me in one way or another.  After another frustrating day in the adoption world, I could use a little inspiration.  Here are some song lyrics I found inspiring and why.

Miracles Happen - Myra
You showed me faith is not blind

I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, once in a while
When you believe
(miracles happen)
You showed me dreams come to life
That taking a chance on us was right
All things will come with a little time
When You believe

This is just a little snippet from the song.  This song reminded me to believe that our adoption would be completed.  I just needed to give it some time, but it would happen.


Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

I'm not surprised, not everything lasts
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track
Talk myself in, I talk myself out
I get all worked up then I let myself down
I tried so very hard not to loose it
I came up with a million excuses
I thought, I thought of every possibility
And I know some day that it’ll all turn out
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet
I might have to wait, I’ll never give up
I guess it's half timin and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come outta nowhere and into my life
And I know that we can be so amazin
And baby your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility
Somehow I know that it’ll all turn out
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And promise you kid I'll give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet
They say all’s fair in love and war
But I won’t need to fight it
We'll get it right and we'll be united
And I know that we can be so amazin
And bein in your life is gonna change me
And now I can see every single possibility
And someday I know it'll all turn out
And I'll work to work it out
Promise you kid I’ll give more than I get
Oh you know it'll all turn out
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And promise you kid to give so much more than I get yeah
I just haven't met you yet
I just haven't met you yet
Oh promise you kid to give so much more than I get
I said love love love love love love love
I just haven't met you yet

So, ok, I know that this song is a love song for couples but the words really spoke to me.  Every single time I heard this song I would think of Addis.  I knew I hadn't met him but I already loved him and I would do anything for him. 

And the last song is perhaps the one I need to be reminded of most today.

Bless The Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
I set out on a narrow way many years ago

Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through

I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Our path to Addis hasn't been very straight or easy but we are on this path for a reason.  Everything happened, including the bankruptcy, so that we could be this little boy's mommy & daddy.  Our road has been broken and difficult but it was also blessed becuase it led us to Addis.  Without those bumps in the road, we would have ended up with another child and that's not what was meant to be.   Today is just another twisty turn in our road but it's for a reason.  Maybe I don't know what it is but there is a plan, a destiny and we will be together when the time is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment