Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stress & Sickness

So far this week I have been stressed & sick.  This is not a good week.  I'm feeling terrible and very whiny about it.  I have spent the past 2 days in bed.  I'm pretty certain that I have a throat infection.  My throat hurts so bad I can barely speak.  When you add that to the stress we've had with the adoption this week, I'm feeling a major case of self pity.  I found out last Friday that it was a possibilty our Part 2 was not in Nairobi.  This was a major blow after waiting 8 weeks for our son's visa.  Tomorrow will be 9 weeks and it doesn't appear as if the end is in sight, just yet.  We have tried & tried to get a response from our agency about the status of this and we can't even get them to call us.  I'm not really going to go into that because it will only make me extremely angry.  In the end, we had to take matters into our own hands and call Ethiopia to get answers.  It seems our Part was sent exactly as it should have been but they will be sending a second copy just in case.  I was reminded again this past week that until Addis is home, I can't and shouldn't feel secure.  I'm praying that my son comes home soon.  The only good thing about being sick right now is that my parents & husband are joking that it must be time to go to Ethiopia.  Last time we went I got very sick with a nasty cold.  I wonder if this is my body's way of saying "it's time".  Here's hoping that my body is in tune with some cosmic force and the time is coming soon.  In the meantime, I'll be riding the couch under a blanket with a box of kleenex and a serious case of the "poor me's".

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're sick, Ange - that's nasty. But yeah, I wonder if it's possible that the stress has gotten to you - that happens to me sometimes, too!

    I'm puzzled by who you called in Ethiopia to find out that your part 2 went and that they were sending it again anyway. If you want to send me a PM about that, that would be ok, too. I'm not getting any response from MOT either and it's been a week - driving me a little crazy b/c I have no idea where our documentation is.

    Anyway, I hope you're feeling better quickly and I hope your visa comes asap now.

    BLessings,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Ange, I always love your Friday confessions - they're real confessions, and I enjoy them every time!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete