Sunday, April 3, 2011

Snappy Sunday

What is it about house cleaning & painting that make couples want to break out the boxing gloves?  We are spending the day cleaning our house to try to get it ready for a real estate agent to come by tomorrow night and all we've done is snap at each other.  We've turned into the Snappersons.  You know that couple, the ones who snap & snarl whenever they speak to each other.  I think we're going to have to pull out the old "one, two, three, nice" trick.  We agreed years ago that once we both said these words, at the same time, we had to start being nice and go back to being the happy loving Sandau couple instead of the Snappersons. 

Oh, how I hate cleaning the house.  You know, the real kind of cleaning, where you actually dust & scrub all the nooks & crannies.  I'm guilty of being a surface cleaner most of the time, I'm more of a tidier if I'm being really honest.  How does one person accumulate so much crap?  And why do we think we need it?

I think we are both just a little on edge.  Why we think adding moving to our already full plate is a good idea is beyond me, but here we are.  I guess I just need to listen to the banging going on next door to remind me of one of the major reasons we think it's a good idea.  If I had my way, which if highly unlikely because I'm pretty sure I haven't had things my way in years, we could just I Dream Of Jeannie ourselves into a new home and skip all this looking for a house, having open houses, dealing with paperwork stuff.  Ugh!  That's the part that's less fun.  I'm going to try to focus on the good things.... ensuite, garage, two or more bathrooms, walk in closet, more cupboard space in the kitchen, finished basement.

I think I'm going to order pizza tonight because after all this cleaning, I really don't feel like cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment