Saturday, April 2, 2011

There goes my quiet weekend......

Have you ever had neighbours you don't like?  Have you been unfortunate enough to be attached to them?  Well, I have.  I absolutely hate our neighbour.  The sound of his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  He has lived next door for 2 years now and everytime I hear him or see him I feel like I want to scream.  He is the biggest reason we want to move.  He bangs on the wall and has zero consideration for the noise and disruption he causes.  When he moved in he started doing renovations.  Ok, so we were patient.  I understand wanting to make your home your own.  But here we are 2 years later and he's still not got the renos done and his yard & house are a total disaster.  He paints the walls each wall in one room a differnt colour.  His yard is full of weeds and the backyard is full of crap.  He doesn't really have enough money to do the renos which is part of why it's dragged on for so long.  He's just a pain in my butt.  He actually told my husband he spent time in prison & a mental institution.  He gets a serious case of crazy eyes when you try to talk to him about something.  He leaves his doors wide open and leaves for hours at a time.  A neighbourhood cat could wander in a set up shop except for the fact that the place is a shit hole and no cat is dumb enough to live there.  He has kids, who were terribly behaved.  The youngest started stabbing outdoor furniture cushions when he didn't get his way.  So obviously, mental stability runs in the family.  It's not nice to say but after a few months the wife left and took the kids with her.  Yay!!!! At least now we don't have to listen to their domestic disputes and the kids screaming at all hours.  We have nothing planned this weekend and I was actually enjoying some peace & quiet.  I was getting a nice mental tidy and trying to regroup after a frustrating few weeks waiting for the visa.  I was hanging out doing a little cleaning here & there, catching up on my soaps and then the phone rang.  I should have known better then to just pick up without looking at the caller ID.  The phone had been ringing and I was upstairs so I raced for it and without thinking, hit "TALK".  Neighbour.  Ugh, I wanted to put on a fake accent and pretend I was the maid or something.  He was saying something about his shower leaking and it dripping down into the kitchen below.  He could hear it when someone was having a shower.  What??? Who's there now?  He brought in some girl for a few months until she had to go back to her country.  Lord only knows what sort of freaks & losers he'd bring in to live with him because any normal person would take one look at him & his house and run in the opposite direction.  Ok, so I know I should have more patience, he obviously can't leave a leaky shower and at least this time he called about the noise and asked if there was a better time to replace his shower & fix the leaks but all I can think is "you've wrecked my quiet weekend, I hate you, why did you have to move in next door, go away".  I'm actually at the point where I don't even care if we get a bigger house, I just want a detached house.  I want to be away from Bangy Magee (this is what I call him).  He's so broke he has tried renting his rooms out, renting his Airstream trailer, then tried selling the trailer.  I just want to be away from this man.  There is something seriously wrong with this man and the sooner we are away from him the better.

1 comment:

  1. Yup. Agree. Get the hell out of dodge.
    Good luck selling your house!

    ReplyDelete