Friday, April 8, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that today has brought up a lot of emotions

I confess that these emotions are because the local police & RCMP have arrested & laid charges against the people who ran our adoption agency that went bankrupt in 2009 because of allegations of misappropriation of funds. 

I confess that tomorrow I will blog about this some more but for now, I'm still trying to process how I feel.

I confess that today I had a lot of people tell me how I SHOULD feel. 

I confess that peole have been telling me how I should feel a lot lately and it's starting to piss me off.  I believe everyone is entitled to feel what they feel without others telling them if it's right or wrong

I confess that I have had people tell me that they don't think I am very strong and their reasoning for this is because I cry and I have bad days where the weight of this journey just seems to be too much to carry. 

I confess that I wish people wouldn't do that because not only do they have no idea what it feels like to walk in my shoes but it takes power away from me and makes me feel weak.  I think I have been very strong during this journey and if sometimes I have to put the weight down and take a break, that doesn't make me weak, it makes me human

I confess that I need and this blog entry needs a little humour today so I'm going to switch topics

I confess that last night in the epic battle of Ange versus Ketchup Chips that Ketchup Cihps won.  If I'm really going to keep it real, the scoreboard probably reads Ketchup Chips - 1000 and Ange - 0.

I confess that tomorrow Brian is playing in a volleball tourney and I plan to lay on the couch and watch General Hospital for hours and the score might turn to 1001 to 0 during this marathon soap watching session

I confess that I buy ABC Soaps magazine every 2 weeks when it hits the newsstands and I read it cover to cover

I confess that I super bored with the stuff on tv or lack of lately.  Why do they only show 22 episodes a season?  Who thought up that bright idea?  Obviously somebody who has a social life and doesn't spend their nights riding the couch.  Hey selfish, some of us DO like to ride the couch and don't have anything better to do so would really appreciate if you could throw us a frickin bone and add a few more episodes of our fav shows to keep us entertained!

I confess that I am a total puzzle geek.  I have a bunch of puzzles and when I need to quiet my mind, I pull one out.

I confess that I am really looking forward to the warm weather we are supposed to have this weekend.  I don't even mind that it's supposed to rain Sunday.  That gives me an excuse to open the windows and curl up on the couch with a good book and cup of tea

I confess that I will probably make time to go to an open house.

I confess that I although I love our house, we have had some very painful memories here and I'm looking forward to a fresh start

3 comments:

  1. Mmm...ketchup chips!

    I get so irritated when it's the night of one of my favourite shows and I look on the guide and see it's a rerun! It ruins my whole evening!!!!

    You feel how you feel, no one can take that away from you. Me, I am pretty pleased about the charges. People have been saying today that it is not cause for celebration, that they aren;t happy. Well, I am happy. I am happy that they will finally be facing a judge. I am happy that this whole case will be behind us. Maybe it will be some kind of closure. I feel a lot of other things too -sadness over what they did to us, hurt, betrayed, angry about the time they stole from us, sympathy for those who could not continue, or whose marriages didn't survive the stress. But my first reaction was an open-mouthed whoop out loud that finally, they would have to face up to what they did. Maybe we will finally get some kind of apology or statement, which would help me get past that whole ordeal. That's how I feel and no one can take that away. We are all entitled to our feelings.

    Hope you enjoy your GH marathon tomorrow :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - i just watched you on TV and you are a strong lady - dont believe those other guys! It takes alot of strength to get through the day when your baby is on the other side of the world!!! i had a battle last night with cheesecake and a vanilla late...well it wasn't much of a battle.
    Have fun with GH - let me know what is up with Brenda and this kid - i missed a few days this week - and who killed Brandon...
    :) brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange, Seriously-you crack me up! You just keep saying whatever it is you wanna say! Okay, and as a confession myself, I'm a HUGE Days of our Lives fan--I PVR it ALL-THE-TIME! (I do that to skip the commercials, and also to skip the 10 seconds of day dreams that they have, that I've watched 10 times already. I keep telling my husband that I know that once my son is home I might have to stop watching-I dread that day-HAHAHA!!!--I also watch a little too much t.v.-but I am so bored too of reruns, and also I try the new shows occasionally, but they so aren't that great-what has happened to good t.v.???--alright, I'll stop talking (think I had a little too much sugar today-HA!)

    ReplyDelete