Thursday, March 3, 2011

Renewing Health Card & Driver's License

I had to renew both my health card & my driver's license this year.  It's normally a real drag but this year it was... dare I say... a pleasure.  I renewed my license plate sticker on-line.  That took less then 5 minutes and I didn't need to leave the comfort of my own home.  I was wearing jammies while doing it.  I then booked an appointment to do my health card.  My appointment was at 3:15pm today.  I arrive at about 3:10.  I was directed to the receoptionist.  I spoke with her and told her I had an appointment at 3:15.  She asked if I had all the required documents, which I did.  She gave me a number and said the next available person would call my number.  Sure enough, the next available person called my number.  I went up and gave her my forms and forms of I.D.  She asked if I wanted to renew my driver's license as well.  I told her I didn't realize I could do that there but I had my form out in the car.  She told me to get it and she continued working on my health card.  I got the form and she zipped through both, asked if I wanted to do the sticker too but since I had already done that I didn't need to.  It was so quick and easy. I couldn't believe it.  I was out the door and heading home by 3:25.  Oh, if all paperwork & red tape could be taken care of so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment