Friday, March 18, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that today I had the day off work and even though I could have slept in, I woke up at 5:20am and went to spin class.  I had promised myself I would get to the gym 4 times this week and since I won't have time this weekend, it was a matter of go this morning or break my promise

I confess that I went to Niagara Falls with the hubby to the Coach outlet.  I exchanged a wallet for one I liked better and had more card space and a section for my change.  It cost a little more money but not too much.

I confess that I also popped into the Carter store and bough Addis 2 pairs of jeans.  Poor little boy has tons of shirts but no pants

I confess I realized today that we don't have any socks for him and all the shoes we've been given are for an older child.  Addis is going to be known as Shoeless Joe if I don't fix this situation.  I'm afraid we'll have to wait until we are in Ethiopia though as I don't know his shoe size

I confess that I just bought him some Little People toys.  Yes, more.  Stop judging!  It was a pirate ship.  Who could resist?

I confess that I'm very excited about my pedicure appointment tomorrow.  Massage chair, here I come!

I confess that all the changes in the Ethiopia adoption program have worried me

I confess that I really want to hear news about our visa in the next 2 weeks because I want to finish this process with people I know and have dealt with over the past 3 years.  After the bankruptcy I just don't have the level of trust I had before.  Now I think everyone is shady

I confess that the visa news this week got me so excited.  Our file is in the next group of families!!!! OMG!!!!

I confess that today we put the dogs in the trunk of the Santa Fe with the dog barrier because we want the dogs to get use to this change before Addis comes home so they don't associate a big change with Addis.  Jax is so darn smart that I know he'd put two & two together and think "that little bugger is the reason I'm back here" and get bent out of shape.  Neither Jax or Oz like to share mommy time so we want to minimize jealousy as much as possible and not make our changes after Addis is home.  Anyway, Jax lost his shit the entire car ride.  You'd think we were killing him listening to the fuss he kicked up.  Sorry kid, it's just not safe to have two 90 pound dogs & a baby in the backseat.  We all need to make sacrifices

I confess that we are almost 99% decided that we will be moving

I confess that I got a bonus and I feel more comfortable about the month where I have no money coming in.  I have to put in a 2 week waiting period and then when that's up it takes another 2 weeks before the EI checks start coming in.  We are putting the bonus in the bank and will use it once my parental leave starts.  It sure does help.  Thank you work!

I confess that I feel very lucky.  I have family & friends who love the little boy very much.  He has an abundance of love and for that, I am/we are very blessed

I confess I'm a homebody.  Nothing I like better then a quiet night at home

2 comments:

  1. No money for one month! I never even thought of that!! aaacckkk. Its ok. I have a line of credit. lol
    We are going to have to go shoe shopping in Addis for our boys!!

    Eeeekkkk hopefully Monday!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. For shoes, I would suggest getting a pair of Robeez shoes in the 6-12 months size with a soft sole to start Addy off - they fit quite a big range and are easy to slip on and off. You can also often find them used and in pretty good shape in that size range at consignment stores as kids in that size don't do much walking usually. :) Also, for future knowledge, my son Owen is wearing a size 5 at 15 months, which seems to be pretty common (I watch a 13 and 14 month old, and they are in sizes 4.5 and 5 also). good luck!

    p.s. on your previous post - I am addicted to Buffy too. I watch the entire series at least 1x a year, and I collect the season 8 comics because I wanted to know what happened!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete