Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Little Hope.....

I had the opportunity to talk to my best friend tonight.  It's amazing the healing power of a good friend.  I truly believe that without friends we wouldn't have made it through the past few years.  Friends, you know who you are!  My very best friend Hope lives hours & hours away.  We haven't seen each other in 2.5 years but I know, without a doubt, that she loves me and has my back.  This lady is the kindest and most patient person I have ever met.  When I talk to Hope, I just feel better.  New.  Centered.  Peaceful.  Loved.  It's hard to described a friendship like ours.  We haven't known each other that long but I feel like we were meant to be friends.  I met Hope the night before my wedding.  November 22, 2002.  Brian had known Hope & Allen since he was a teenager.  These people were very important to him and he wanted them at our wedding.  I wondered "what the hell am I going to have in common with these people and if they are so damned important, why haven't I met them before now"  Little did I know, they would become very important to me too.  The night I met Hope & Allen was the night of our rehearsal dinner.  I felt very stressed out.  I went for retail therapy and told Brian he could expect me "sometime".  When I met him at the church, I got out of the car and this man came over to me, grabbed me, picked me up and said "welcome to the family".  Instantly, I knew I was part of the fmaily.  This man really meant it.  Because he knew Brian and because I loved Brian, I was family.  IEver since, we have formed a family.  Hope & Allen are some of the most important people in my life.  I wish I had the opportunity it say it more, but I love these two people so much. We rarely see each other, but when we do, we just click.  I love them.  I truly wish life was differnet and "things" didn't get in the way and we could see each other more and that we lived closer but, nobody, ever, could replace Hope & Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment