Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is it ever a good time to move?

So Brian & I are in the big do we don't we debate.  There are so many pros & cons and I totally can't decide what the right decision is.  I think maybe I need to put them in writing.  Maybe this will help settle the matter in my head.  So looking at it in the perspective of moving here are the pros & cons

Cons
  • Going on parental leave soon - is it a good idea to make financial changes when one income will be significantly reduced
  • This has been our home for almost 9 years and I love it
  • Empty rooms we can't afford to furnish
  • Too many changes?? We are hopefully bringing Addis home soon, is it the best idea to have such a big change so soon? How will the dogs adjust?  Bringing home a new family member and then moving might be too much for them too.
  • The buying & selling process - looking at houses every night & weekend for weeks, trying to unclutter the house and keep it clean for showing

Pros
  • More space - closets, cupboards, more living space
  • Will know where we will be for at least the next few years so will know where to look for daycare
  • Detached home - no noisy neighbour banging on common wall
  • Garage - storage & won't have to scrape my car in the winter
  • Can wipe out credit cards and possibly put money in the bank


I guess the biggest question I have is.....is it ever a good time to move????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment