Friday, August 5, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that I am STILL working on the post about Addis.  Everytime I think I've finished it, I think of something else I want to add.  I think I'm just going to go ahead and post it soon and maybe in a few weeks post another one.

I confess that I ate out twice today.

I confess that at lunch I was sitting out on the patio with Addis waiting for my friend Em to show up and all of a sudden I see Ratatouille scurrying around the chairs and tables.  Yuck!!!  That's one thing you never want to see, is a big fat mouse running around where food is being served.  Let's just say, I'm glad we were outside and I spent the rest of the lunch trying to convince myself Ratatouille and his buddies couldn't make it in to the kitchen.

I confess that at dinner tonight some incredibly rude man let the door slam in my face even though he could see my husband was holding the door open for him and his wife.  Needless to say Brian was not impressed to see this especially since I was carrying Addis and let the man know that his rudeness was not appreciated.

I confess that we have decided to let Addis cry it out most of the times he wakes up at night.  It's really hard to listen to him crying and not go sooth him, but we really needed a change in the sleep department in this house.  Although I'm finding it hard, I do like the results we are seeing so far.  I feel more rested and therefore have more patience and Addis doesn't seem affected by us not coming in.  In fact, if anything, he seems to be in a better mood.  I think that by us not coming in, he settles back down quicker and has less disruption to his sleep.

I confess that we got some packing done this week and we will get some more done tomorrow.

I confess that I am finally going to see Harry Potter on Sunday.  My friend Em is watching Addis for us and I'm not sure which I'm more excited about.  The adult time, the movie or the popcorn.  I'll let you know which next week.

I confess that I bought a few books this week that aren't my usual literary preference.  I confessed in a previous Friday that I wanted to start reading more "intelligent" books besides just trashy romance novels and good beach reads.  So in a effort to branch out out a little more I got The Help and Cutting for Stone.  I also have Secret Daughter that I want to read.  I think once I am done these I am going to get The Book of Negroes. 

I confess that we found flea on Oz this week.  I don't mean fleas as in plural, I mean flea as in singular.  One flea.  I keep checking for more but I can't find any.  Not that I am complaining but I find this very strange.  This is exactly what happened two years ago with Oz.  We found flea.  Just the one.  It's like he sees this little guy and says "hey, hop on little buddy and we'll be friends".  Once we get rid of flea no more show up.  WEIRD!

I confess that if I hear that stupid song on the Lightning McQueen car that Addis has again, I will take out the batteries and super glue the compartment shut so no new batteries can ever be put in there again. 

I confess that today I received a gift from one of the ladies who works with the catering staff at work.  I was so very touched my her kindness.  It amazes me how many people care about Addis and have taken an interest in out story and journey.

I confess that I saw a book today called Go The F**K To Sleep and it cracked me up.  It was written by a man who had trouble getting his child to sleep when she was little.  It's written in rhymes and illustrated like a children's book but it's definitely for adults.  Especially those who understand the challenges of getting your kids to sleep and keeping them that way.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that, of all of the Confession Friday posts I usually read, yours are my favourite! You usually actually have REAL confessions in them, unlike most! I love reading them.

    A few other comments:
    - I enjoyed all of the books you listed, and so I think you've got a good list going there! I hope you enjoy them too
    - loved the thing about Lightning McQueen and can fully relate!!
    - someone forwarded that Go the F**K to Sleep book to me and, though it's not my usual language, I have to admit that it totally cracked me up, too.

    OK, I have to run, but just wanted to let you know that I loved the post.

    Keep well. Blessings,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete