Friday, July 29, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that I have a couple mosquito bites that I got today while visiting Brian's parents and they are driving me bananas!  Especially the one that's at my hairline.  Why do those darn things always bite me in the face???

I confess that the bites make me look like I have pimples

I confess that today we bought a Blu-ray player.  We had to do this because Brian let Addis play with our DVD remote and now it doesn't work.  The only thing it's good for is to use it as a rattle.  Now, I guess to be fair, we probably could have still used our DVD player but we would have had to use the buttons on the unit so we didn't have to get it just for the reason our remote is broken.  However, the DVD player is 9 years old.  It was a gift from my brother when we got married and it doesn't always work.  Sometimes it freezes for a few seconds and then jumps to the part it should be at.   

I confess that I've had to do a lot of the parenting myself this week.  Brian has done 3 side jobs this week.  It's great money but it does leave both Brian and I tired as we are doing more then normal.

I confess that I have been keeping up with our monthly update.  I take pictures of Addis and his height and weight on the last Friday of each month and put that info in my brag book.

I confess that we still have done much packing.  What little packing we have done seems to be all the things I have needed recently so I just don't want to pack anymore.

I confess I have been working on a post about Addis for a few days now.  I wanted to share some of the things that make Addis who he is.  Unfortunately there just hasn't been much time for blogging the past few days.

I confess that come hell or high water, my dogs are getting a bath this weekend.  I just can't take smelly dog smell anymore.

I confess that we have no plans this long weekend.  I am so glad that there's nothing going on.  I plan to take some time for myself and get some sun and spend time in my favourite staycation spot, Puerto Backyardo.

I confess that I spent some money on myself this week.  I bought some pj's.  All my summer pj's are looking sad and worn out or don't fit (at least they are too big) so I decided it was time to treat myself.  Only problem is now I can't get the cotton robe I saw off my mind.  I might have to go back and pick it up.  It was $9.99 from La Vie En Rose.  They are having a great sale right now.

I confess I love a great sale.  Ok, let's keep it real, I just love to shop.  In my defense, I'm really good at it.  I can smell a bargain a mile away. 

I confess Brian just came in and told me our moron of a neighbour is teaching his son to mow the lawn.  The problem with this is his son is maybe 6 years old.  He can't even see over the handle.  So of course I have to get up and see this for myself because I am a nosy neighbour.  I'm sure it's like trying to get a monkey to teach another monkey brain surgery.  Idiot!  I'm all for teaching children to clean up after themselves and to help with chores around the house, but come on, can we at least teach them age appropriate chores?!

No comments:

Post a Comment