Friday, July 22, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that the past two weeks have been much better.  KNOCK ON WOOD!!  I said last weekend that we had a much better week and Monday was a difficult day.  I should know better then to say things like that without knocking on wood or something.  That sort of thing use to happen with the dogs all the time when they were puppies.  I would comment on how good they had been and the very next day come home to find a chewed shoe or a whole in the wall.  However, I think we (read me) are starting to find our groove.

I confess that I LOVE romantic comedies.  I could watch the same Rom Com a million times.  I own a decent number of them on DVD.  I PVR them when they are TV.  I rent them as soon as they are on DVD.  Brian will watch them with me but he draws the line at going to the theatre to see them.

I confess that I am seriously considering another tattoo.  However, since I'm a huge wuss, this could be a problem.  When I got my first tattoo I had to get a numby patch.  I put a topical numbing cream on my foot so I wouldn't feel the pain.  I will definitely need to do the patch trick again but you really aren't supposed to according to the tattoo artists.  Why am I such a wimp?

I confess that our first time leaving Addis was hard for me.  I had a little anxiety about it.  Addis ended up spending the night at my parents place last Friday.  Obviously I trust my parents so my anxiety didn't stem from being worried he'd be cared for.  Not sure why I felt anxious, but I did.  When we picked him up he seemed a little annoyed with Brian & I for leaving him.  It took him a while to warm up to us.  Not sure if this was a setback in attachment or just a child his displeasure at ihs parents not being 100% available.  We may wait a little while before we have another sleepover.

I confess that I am watching Big Brother this summer.  I realize watching this show may make me seem lame but at the end of the day I just want don't feel like watching something that requires me to think.

I confess that although I love to read I also don't read serious books.  I am an avid reader of Nora Roberts.  However, I have vowed to try reading some more intelectual books.  I will keep you updated on how successful I am with this new reading venture.

I confess that lately there haven't been many comments on my blog and I'm starting to wonder if anyone is reading.  Anyone out there????

I confess that today I have straight hair.  I had a hair appointment and my stylist straightened my hair.  I get mixed reviews when I have straight hair.  One of my friends wonders why I'd ever straighten my hair when I could leave it curly.  She is very envious of the curls.  Other people really like it.  In fact I had one person tell me, and I quote "your hotness factor just went waaaaay up".  As for me, I just think it's nice to change my look every once in a while.

I confess that Addis and I went to the beach this week.  We had a great day.  I love the beach.  He loves the water.  Addis didn't really care much for the sand.  He hates the sand more then he hates grass.  He cried as soon as any sand got on him.  However, he laughed and smiled non stop whenever he was in the water.  I think we will have to make a few more trips to the beach this summer but next time we will include daddy.

I confess that I got a parkign ticket at the beach.  I am still not impressed!  I parked on the main street in Grand Bend because I didn't want to pay $15 to park at the beach parking lot.  Well, joke's on me cause now I have a $25 parking ticket because sometime over the winter it seems the town implemented a 2hour parking limit on main street.  In my defence the signs were not clear.  They placed the signs close to the buildings instead of closer to the road.  For people who have been to Grand Bend and parked on the road in the past but live out of town, we wouldn't necessarily know about the new parking laws.  Should have just paid the stupid $15 in the first place. 

 I confess that Brian will be working a lot of extra hours in the next few weeks because he's doing side work.  While the extra money will certainly be good, I'm also a bit worried about doing this all on my own.  My confidence has been pretty shaken.

I confess that I have some really weird food faves.  One of my guilty pleasures is chunks of mozzarella cheese dipped in marinara sauce.  I know, I know, that's totally gross but it's soooo good.  I like my orange juice watered down.  I make it about 50% juice and 50% water.  I like brown beans on toast.  When I eat potato chips I eat the curly ones first.  I like cereal but only if it's dry.  If I have to eat it with milk, I only pour in a bit of cereal at a time, eat that up and then pour in some more.  I HATE soggy cereal.  I dip my Doritos in cream cheese.  These are just a few of my strange eating habits/likes/patterns.  I'm a total freak!

I confess that I'm dying to see the Harry Potter movie.  I love Harry Potter!!!!  Brian, my mom, my sister and I have a tradition of seeing the movies together.  My sister has been really sick lately so until she feels better she won't/can't go see it.  So Heather..... get well soon!!!  We have to go see Harry!!!  Obviously, I want you to get well so that you are feeling better, but can you do it quickly, it's time for Pottermania.  Seriously though, get well soon sis.  I love you.  Praying you are healthy really soon.

I confess that we take possesion of our house in 3 weeks and we have barely packed.  What little packing we have done has not been a "we" sort of effort.  Brian has done it all.  I just can't find the "get up and go" to do any packing.  I need to find it soon because we have a lot to pack and it won't do it all by itself.

I confess that I will miss this house.  Could that be why I haven't wanted to pack??

1 comment:

  1. yep - i am still here :) I would love to see pics of you with straight hair!!! i bet its really long!!! Glad you are having some good days - they will only get better!!! Sounds like you had fun at the beach!! I think we are going tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete