Friday, July 1, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that today is Canada Day and I'm happy to be a Canadian.

I confess that today I'm even happier that my Addis is here to enjoy this day and that he is a Canadian too.

I confess that we will be spending part of our day at a local park and having a picnic and then playing at the splash pad.

I confess that we will be seeing some friends on Sunday who were very helpful in our adoption process.  They moved away to Hong Kong but will be home for a visit this week.  We are really excited to be able to introduce them to Addis.

I confess that I'm looking forward to next weekend.  We are FINALLY going camping.  We haven't been camping in a long time.  It's been 2 years since we've used our tent trailer and I'm really excited to be using it again and to be able to go camping as a family.

I confess that I just heard my husband say "it's like teaching a parrot to talk" when describing teaching Addis to talk.  I laughed because it's a little true.

I confess that Brian has been pretty determined to sell our old snow blower and it's driving me crazy.  When we bought our new house the old owners decided to include some things in the sale.  One of those things is a snow blower.  It's brand new and still has the plastic on it.  Ours, on the other hand, is almost as old as me, rusty, and needs a lot of work each time it runs.  Just throw it out!!!  Who does he think is going to want to buy that old dinosaur?  Every night and every weekend he drags it out and proudly displays the For Sale sign he made.  I don't think we could get rid of it even if it said "Free".  He even dragged it out last Saturday when we were having the birthday party for Addis.  Hello??  He really didn't seem to understand when I told him to put that hunk of junk away.  What did he think I was going to do?  I'd put on my salesman cap and try to sell it to our guests.  Ugh!  Dear God, please give me patience while my husband plays out this little sales effort.

I confess that we had a great time last Saturday at Addis's birthday party.  We had lots of friends & family come over and show their love & support for Addis.  He got some great presents and lots of hugs & kisses.  It was the first time some people had met Addis so that was also very special.  The weather was not the greatest so most of the time people were inside so it made for a very cozy few hours.  We had a Thomas the Tank Engine cake and Addis reached for the one corner and then I tried to get him to lick his hand and we realized he doesn't much care for icing or cake. 

I confess that after the party I started feeling sick.  I ended up getting strep throat.  I was running a fever of 101 - 103 degrees for a few days.  My throat was so sore I couldn't swallow.  I barely ate anything for 4 days because it hurt too much.  My dad had to come over and watch Addis again because I wasn't able to look after him.  I think I need to start taking better care of myself so I don't keep getting sick.

I confess that I have recently start watching reruns of the show Criminal Minds and I'm hooked.  I PVR episodes whenever I see them on and watch them after Addis goes to bed.

I confess that there's a lot more I could talk about and I wish I had the time but there's a littl boy who's losing his shit and is in desperate need of a bottle & nap.  Time's up mommy.

1 comment:

  1. hey Ange, I have some pictures from you guys at the picnic, would you like me to sent them to your email??

    Maria

    ReplyDelete