Friday, June 24, 2011

Cofession Friday

I confess that tomorrow is Addis's first birthday.  We are having a Thomas the Tank Engine party for him.  I wanted to get a pinata but there are only 2 kids who would enjoy it and the birthday boy wasn't one of them so I left it at the store.  Maybe next year!  We will be having about 25 guests and I'm hoping the weather is nice because our little house isn't really big enough to hold that many people.

I confess that we went on a tour of a day care facility this morning.  I liked the place a lot.  I don't like the idea of leaving Addis all day while I'm at work though.  I can't believe that we already have to think about this kind of thing.  I also can't believe that we are behind the eight ball on organizing day care and should have tried to get on waiting lists before Addis was even home.

I confess we do have access to a day care that guarantees a spot if you call 6 months before you require the spot.  We will be touring that July 8th but unless it's uber amazing, we won't be staying there any longer then we have to. For one, it's $295 more expensive a month and the another, it will be on the other side of town once we move so isn't super convenient once I go back to work.

I confess that Addis has some toys that make music and noise and they repetitive noises & overly cheerful songs are driving me crazy.  Maybe if they had a volume button I could tolerate them but they are set on one volume, which if you ask me is too loud, and I can't take it much longer.  I just may have to take the batteries out and "forget" to replace them. 

I confess I am listening to Addis laugh over a balloon.  We stopped at the party store to get a balloon bouqet for tomorrow and they gave us a free balloon for Addis to play with today.  I just can't get enough of listening to that laugh.

I confess that I almost was desperate enough to eat Zoodles (well actually the No Name variety) the other day.  We are in serious need of groceries.  I haven't eaten Zoodles since I was about 12 years old.  That would be the summer I ate them every single day for lunch and now I can barely stnad the smell of them.  However, with just about nothing else to eat, I almost had to resort to them.  Thankfully I was able to scrounge up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead.

I confess that I had some kind of stomach bug this week.  I felt sick on Monday afternoon.  I felt like I hadn't had enough water or I had spent too much time in the sun.  It went away by that evening.  It came back Tuesday afternoon with a vengence.  I had to call Brian home from work because I couldn't take care of Addis.  I was spending all my time on the toilet with a bucket in my lap.  It was not pretty!  Thankfully my dad & sister were around Wednesday to come over and watch Addis for me.  I'm just starting to feel better today.

I confess that it's going to be hard for me to share Addis tomorrow with all our guests.  Mommy will need to work on share time.  It's not very hostess-y of me to hog the birthday boy.

I confess that we had to get my parents to come over and take Addis for a few hours so we could clean our house for Saturday.  I'm embarrased to admit that it was a 2 person job that took several hours.  It needed a REALLY good scrubbing from top to bottom.  Our floors were so dirty that when the wee one crawled across our floor, his sleeper would get black.  Nasty!!!

I confess that we need to make some changes around our house because things just aren't working right now  Our house is a mess (well not right this second cause we did JUST clean it) and dinners are a crappy kind of thrown together afterthought.  I think I am going to set up a cleaning schedule and meal plan, at least for the next little while.  Hopefully that will make things a little easier.

I confess I have been feeling a little blue lately.  It has nothing to do with Addis because he's really a super little boy.  I think I'm just having a hard time adjusting to some things.  I am very independant and really don't like that I am having to ask Brian for money.  I really hope that I get an EI cheque soon.  I also miss adult conversation.  I am a very chatty person so it's hard for me to not have people around that I can talk to.  As wonderful as Addis is, his conversation skills are somewhat lacking.  I am having a hard time finding a balance between Mommy and Ange.  When I want time for myself I feel guilty but realistically I know that I can't be a good mom if I don't take time for myself because I will just be burned out.

I confess that my time is up.  I have tiny little hands trying to grab the computer and looking for mommy's attention.  I guess Daddy is old news.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow. So sorry we can't come. Looking forward to getting together soon!!! brenda

    ReplyDelete