Friday, June 10, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that since Addis has come home I have no time to blog or email.  I barely get time to read the yahoo updates but rarely have time to post or respond to emails people send me.

I confess that today I had a dentist appointment and I hated every minute of it.  I suppose that's not really a big confession but I truly hate going to the dentist.  I can see 1 of 3 dentists at the office I go to and tey are all very nice but I just hate going.  The smell makes me feel nauseous.  I also had a pretty tramatic experience at the orthodontist about 4 years ago where I was left for a LONG time with all the equipment in my mouth, no suction thingy and I was told not to swallow because I had this chemical on my teeth that was used in the bonding process.  I had a panic attack.  I also got a chemical burn on my tongue.  So now I REALLY don't like going to the dentist and having all that stuff put in my mouth.  I feel like I have no control again.

I confess that Addis had his first dentist appointment and we were told his gums look healthy & the spacing looks good.  I sure hope so because I really hope he doesn't  have to have braces.

I confess that I spent about $50 on new books yesterday.  Probably not a good thing to do considering that I don't really have a lot of money coming in right now but I need some easy reading for the summer.  I just love chick lit.

I confess that we gave Addis his first taste of ice cream this week.  We met some frineds for ice cream and Brian thought it was a good ides to feed him Skor blizzard.  Addis loved it.  While I don't think ice cream at his age is a good idea, he really did seem to like it so I gave him some of my banana cream pie blizzard.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I confess that we have nothing to do this weekend.  For the first time since we've come home, we don't have plans.  I'm soooooo excited.  As much as I love that people get to finally meet Addis, I'm looking forward to some family time.

I confess that tomorrow night I am going to have a movie night.  I don't know if we'll rent a movie or maybe we'll get lucky and something decent will be on W, DIVA or SPEED network.  Either way, I want to watch a movie & eat popcorn once Addis goes to bed

I confess that I'm not upset that it's going to rain this weekend.  I don't want it to rain all the time but occaisionally I don't mind the rain because it gives me an excuse to hole up and do nothing but ride the couch and veg out.

I confess we had one bad day this week.  Addis was a little monster.  All he did was scream & cry.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.  He's normally so happy so this was really out of character.  I went through the usual suspects.... diaper change, feeding him, teething.  Nothing.  Took me all day before someone said, he probably has gas.  A few mL of gripe water and we had a differnt child in the house.  Same house also stunk, but at least we had a happy baby again.

I confess I felt really stupid for not thinking gas could be the culprit in the case of the crankies.

I confess that Brian is watching hockey right now and I could care less.  I don't mind going to see a hockey game but I just can't stand to watch it on tv.  I'm one of those people that needs to see it live to enjoy a sport.  Football is the only exception to this rule.  That is the only sport I can watch on tv.  Ok, I guess you can also add watching the Olympics.  I do enjoy watching those sports on tv.   But I never watch any of those sports except when the Olympics is on.

I confess I was pretty proud of myself for getting the dishwasher run & the stairs & landing vaccumed the other day.  I should point out that Brian loaded the dishwasher and all I did was plunck in the setting so it ran, but still, I was pleased I accomplished that much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment