Friday, June 17, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that last night I heard fantastic news.  My friends B and M got a referral for a baby boy.  I am so excited for them.  I am almost as excited as I was when I got our referral.  I can hardly wait for little DSBM to make his way home.  I wish all 3 of them a speedy journey!

I confess today I have a hair appointment and pedicure.  It's probably my last pedicure for a while so I plan to enjoy it.  I am obviously still going to have to keep up with the hair appointments but the pedicures are a luxury I just can't afford right now.

I confess that I haven't had money coming in for weeks and I really hate it.  I'm not used to not havng a cash flow and it stinks to have to ask Brian for money.  Even if it is my own money.  I put my bonus into our savings accounts so that when I didn't have money coming in I could dip into that money then.  I really hope that soon my parental leave money starts rolling in.  It may not be much but at least I'll have some money.

I confess that I am very tired of and have little patience for a few behaviours Addis is starting to display.  Pulling my hair is not a game.  No you can't play in the doggies water dish and spill the water all over the floor.  Screaming at mommy when she isn't getting your food fast enough is not nice.  Biting hurts.  I wish I could make him understand these things.  I have to keep reminding myself he's just a baby and doesn't understand these things yet.  But how do you make them understand?

I confess that I hear phantom cries in the night so even when Addis is only waking up once, I still think I hear him crying and I'm not getting much sleep.  I'm soooo tired.

I confess I have felt like crap since we got back from Ethiopia.  At first I thought I was coming down with a cold but soon realized it was allergies.  I've never been overly bothered by allergies before but this year is brutal.  My eyes are itchy, my throat hurts so much and I have swollen glands all the time, I'm stuffed up, I have sneezing fits.  Ugh, I hate alleriges!

I confess that tomorrow we are going to the Ethio Boardwalk event in Toronto and I really hope to meet some of the people I have come to know through the yahoo board.

I confess that the dogs are starting to come around more each day and are really starting to accept Addis being here and part of our family.  Oz has always been a loner and a little afraid of kids (this comes from the start he had in life) but he's so patient with Addis.  Just yesterday I went downstairs to get clothes for Addis (they were all sitting in the laundry basket waiting to be taken up and put away) and when I came up Addis had crawled into the kitchen and was right up in Oz's face pulling his dogs tags because he liked the way they jingled together.  Oz just sat there and let him play.  I fully expected Oz to get up and walk away but he stayed and seemed pleased the baby was happy.  Jax and Addis are really like peas and carrots now.  Jax follows him around and when Jax thinks Addis is doing something he shouldn't do, I get a quick bark to alert me to check it out.  Jax doesn't even care when Addis is trying to chew on his tail.

I confess that my house is a disaster.  It has not been this messy in years.  It's starting to drive me crazy.  I have to get it cleaned before next weekend because we are having people over for Addis's first birthday.  There just isn't time.  I asked my parents to come over Thursday night and take Addis out for a bit so Brian and I can clean the house from top to bottom.  It needs a really good scrubbing.

I confess that Wednesday night I went over to my friends place for some drinks.  I brought Addis with me but he only stayed an hour.  My parents came to pick him up and spent some time alone with him.  That hour and a half was the first time Addis and I had been away from each other.

I confess that I have not been very good about keeping up with the routine of oiling Addy's skin & hair.  I need to make more of an effort to do this every day.  I also need to find a better product then what we are using.  Right now we are just using baby oil but I don't care for the smell.  Addis also really hates getting greased up.  He squirms when we are doings his body but he shrieks when you massage his head.  Not sure what to do to make this a more enjoyable experience for both of us.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to find my way to your blog (it's Andrea - mommy to Natty and Habtamu!). Just thought I'd let you know that for the boys' hair, I use Moroccan Oil. It's a bit expensive, but you don't need much and I have it for my hair anyway (and the smell is way better than baby oil)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ange,
    I hope i will/meet you tomorrow, we will be going too and i hope to meet some great people from the yahoo group..

    Maria

    ReplyDelete