Friday, July 15, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that life is very busy.  I am finding it hard to post blogs, check emails, creep facebook, etc. 

I confess that we had a great time camping.  Addis loved it!  He enjoys being outside and around people.  We took him swimming in Lake Erie.  The water was pretty shallow so we could go out fairly far and Addis could still stand.  The last time we went swimming the waves lulled him to sleep.  He actually slept through the night on our first night there.

I confess that knowing Addis slept through the night on our first night of ccamping has had me seriously considering setting up our tent trailer in the driveway and sleeping outside with him.  Don't laugh or judge.  I'm really getting to the point where I'd try anything to have him sleep through the night.  I'm sooooo tired.

I confess that this weekend is very busy.  Addis has a doctor''s appointment, then I have my company picnic and then a wedding.  And that's just today!  We also have a few birthday parties we've been invited to and unfortunately we are going to have miss a few of them.

I confess that tonight's wedding is the first night out Brian and I will have alone since we came home.  I'm looking forward to it.  Addis is actually spending the night at my parents place so I will get to sleep through the night AND sleep in!!!  Woo Hoo!!

I confess I'm also looking forward to seeing my friend marry a man that she was destined to be with.  They dated when they were younger and obviously just couldn't stay apart.  They make such a nice couple.

I confess that I FINALLY did some grocery shopping.  We haven't done groceries since we came home from Ethiopia.  We'd picked up odds & ends but had not done a big shop.  Well, I did it.  All by my self!  It may seem like a stupid thing to be proud of myself for but I actually hate grocery shopping.  Even when it's just Brian and I and we can get it done quickly it just feels like a pain.  I was pretty nervous about trying to shop solo.  Especially because I wasn't exactly solo.  I would be shopping with Addis.  Well I am pleased to say the shopping went well.  We went to several stores because now I have to shop according to the sales and Addis was well behaved.  It wasn't until we were at the last store in the checkout that he started to get cranky.  All in all, I'd say it was a success.

I confess I just heard Brian say to Addis "Buddy, are you going to hold your bottle.  I'm not your maid".  I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.  Poor Brian, he actually believes that he's not at Addy's beck and call.

I confess that I really don't understand why women wear white or light coloured skirts/pants and put on black underwear.  Do they think that we can't see them?  Do they want us to see the black panties?  I don't get it.  It looks trashy.  Even worse, I wonder where these women's friends are.  I would hope if I made such a grave fashion mistake that my friends would point it out.  You know, something along the lines of "Uh hunny, I can see your panties, and it's not a good look for you".

I confess that I have lost my brag book with all the photos I have printed of Addis.  I have no idea where it went.  I think I had it last week and now suddenly it's missing.  I'm not very happy about it.  I'm about to toss the house looking for it.  Brian won't be too impressed with the mess I leave behind.

I confess that I spent a little money shopping yesterday.  I bought a few new items for my summer wardrobe.  Don't tell Brian!  I finally got an EI cheque to I indulged a little of the money on myself.

I confess that I have been having a tough time with some of the adjustments of mommyhood. 

I confess this week has gotten better.  We discovered the use of the playpen for short periods of time so mommy can have a break or get things done.

I confess we have been getting out more often and that is helping improve my frame of mind.

I confess I am praying for good weather Wednesday because Addis and I are going to the beach.  I can't wait to get my beach on!  I probably have no business wearing a bathing suit these days but who cares, I probably won't see anyone I know.

I confess that I admit defeat in the battle of Ange vs Ketchup chips.  I am shamed to say that I have eaten 3 bags in the past week.  I'm soooo the fat kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment