Friday, August 12, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that today was an amazing day.  First we had a great family day at the African Lion Safari where we connected with some other Imagine families.  We got a chance to meet a family who had the same DTE as us and who I have been in contact with for over a year and their son was in the transition house with Addis.  We followed up by an evening walk with the dogs and Addis taking his maiden voyage in his wagon.

I confess that with the exception of Monday, this has been a pretty good week.

I confess that while I haven't been feeling like myself lately, I know that what I feel is actually quite common.

I confess that on Monday when I had a bad day I received some very kind words from 3 really great women and their words meant a lot to me.  Thanks Brenda, Ruth & Rana!

I confess that we only have 3 more sleeps until we get the keys to the new house.  I'm starting to get excited.  It still doesn't feel real.

I confess stepped on the scale this week and it wasn't pretty.  I've put on 6 pounds.  Ugh!  I'm hoping that once we are in the new house I can carve out some time a few times a week to use the treadmill & bowflex and try to lose this weight.  Oh, and if I'm really serious about it, it's probably not a bad idea to lay off the chips, because those aren't helping.

I confess that I'm going to keep this post short and instead go play with my son and enjoy the rest of what is left of this really great day.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I think you found the 6-7 pounds I've lost since getting home from ET. Sorry about that!

    I'm glad your week got better post Monday. It must be very chaotic around your house right now, being in the midst of getting ready to move. Hopefully the new place will be so awesome that the pain of the move will soon pass.

    Blessings Ang!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great day!!! So glad that you have a chance for Addis to spend time with his buddies!!! Those 6 lbs are going to fly off - they did before and they will again - you just have a few things going on right now! Hope today was the start of a great weekend.
    brenda

    ReplyDelete