Friday, August 26, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that moving with a baby is not easy.  You can't pack, you can't unpack, you just can't get things done.  Poor Addis spent almost 6 days in his playpen while we painted and cleaned and moved boxes and packed up more boxes.  However, now he's refusing to set foot anywhere near the playpen so getting the boxes unpacked and the house settled is proving to be difficult.  Can't say I blame him.  He was such a trooper and didn't complain for those 6 days.  I guess I just need to deal with living out of boxes and let the wee boy crawl around and stretch his legs.

I confess that I went out tonight with a good friend.  It was a much needed few hours of "me" time.  Thanks Brenda for such a great visit!  As always, it's a pleasure hanging out.

I confess that our new house doesn't feel like home yet.  This could have something to do with still living out of boxes or the fact that we don't have enough furniture to furnish our house. 

I confess that we are currently using camping chairs as furniture in our family room.  My parents gave us an early Christmas present and bought us a sofa.  We bought two chairs that look like the kind you get from IKEA so next week after we pick up the sofa we can set up our new furniture and we can stop sitting on stuff that says Coleman.

I confess that we still had things to pack up the day we moved.  Our old house was small so we didn't have space to put any more boxes.  We had to move some out before we could pack up anymore.  One of the major things that needed packing still was our bedroom.  While I was packing up our bedroom my husband sent his father in to take down our window coverings.  Uh, not cool!  I'm not very comfortable having my father in law in my bedroom.  I'm even more uncomfortable having him there while I'm packing up my underwear.  I just about lost my mind.  My husband didn't get what the problem was but I know all you ladies reading are picking up what I'm putting down.

I confess that it's late and I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment