Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

So I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise from my husband. It was about 5:30 am and he placed my present on the pillow beside me and told me to open it. I saw a gift bag and started pulling out tissue paper. My hand hit the gift and when I pulled it out, I excitedly asked if he bought me a Coach bag. OMG! He did. It's brown and lovely. He did such a good job. It's so pretty it makes me want to cry. He bought me a black Coach bag for Christmas and I was so impressed then. I'm so lucky to have a husband who not only spoils me but actually knows my tastes well enough to pick out the beautiful bags. Love you babe!!

When I got to work I received another surprise. This one so much better then the bag. Sorry, honey, but I think you'd agree with me. There was an email from the adoption agency telling us the last of the paperwork for our son Addis was done and the documents would soon be sent off to Nairobi. About an hour later I got another email to say that our documents have been picked up in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and are on their way to Nairobi, Kenya. We are now officially on the last leg our our journey. I can't believe I am actually typing these words. We are a few weeks/months away from bringing home Addis!!!!

It's night time in Ethiopia and I wanted to wish my favourite valentine a happy day and send you lots of love. Addis - When the moon closes your curtain, and pins it with a star, know that I will always love you, even though I may be far. Goodnight baby. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment