Sunday, February 27, 2011

Case of the Crankies

So I woke up this morning feeling cranky.  I'm feeling a little tired of waiting for Addis to come home.  I feel like we've been waiting forever and it's getting old.  In fact it's so old, it's fossilized.  We've had a lot of family functions lately and now that we have passed court it seems wrong that he isn't part of them.  I have good days and bad days and it seems today is one of the bad. 

Ok, just had to pause for a spider incident.  Big black creepy crawly.  I wanted my husband to kill it and my mom laughed when I said it was probably a black widow.  She said that was ridiculous.  I told her it wasn't.  There was an article in the paper the other day about a woman who found a black widow in her bananas at Sobeys and she said it was broccoli at Walmart.  Whatever, I don't hear her denying it was a black widow.  Lawyered!

Anyway I heard today that a family got their visa about 5 weeks after their documents hit Nairobi.  I wish. I dream.  I'm scared to hope.  I want Addis to come home so much.  Could it really be just a few more weeks.  Our documents arrived in Nairobi Feb 16/11.  I just saw a photo of another family and they were standing under the welcome to Canada sign at the airport.  I burst in to tears.  To be fair I get teary at the Tim Horton's commercial of the man getting winter coats & Timmies for his family who are coming to join him in Canada.  I can't wait for the day that we are able to come home to Canada as a family.  Our family is complete but not together.  My greatest dream is walking through our front door carrying Addis and being able to introduce him to Jax & Oz.  Being able to sit on the floor on the dogs blanket and just be together.  That will be the best day ever!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I have so many mixed emotions after reading your post. First, let's get the horror out of the way - ANY spider (and particularly those of the black widow ilk) are completely gross and disgusting and deserve instant death...though administered by someone other than me.

    Other than that, I just feel the sadness in you, and the longing. I want him home for you, too. And there have been several families recently who have received their visas 7-9 weeks post court...and given that it takes a few weeks to get documents to Nairobi, I'd say you have at least a decent shot at getting them in the near future. Oh, I do so hope that for you.

    Hang in there. THe day of his meeting Jax and Oz is not that far off now... and it WILL be the most awesome day, like, EVER!!!!!!!!

    BLessings, friend,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say enjoy the crankies - you deserve to be cranky every now and then. This ride is unlike anything, that anyone else will ever understand. Being cranky happens. But what will also happen - is that you will soon be bringing that beautiful boy home - home to your house - with his toys and his stuff and your dogs and it will be amazing. So, do what you need to do to get through until that baby is HOME with you!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete