Friday, May 27, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that it feels great to be home and a family of five. Two parents, one flesh baby and two fur babies.

I confess that I missed not being able to confess that past two Fridays.

I confess that Confession Friday has been great for my soul.

I confess that I am surprised by the reactions we've had when our dogs and certain people have met Addis.

I confess that I am very glad that Addis got to spend some time with my Grandmother.  Unfortunately it wasn't a long time but at least we got some time.

I confess that I'm bone tired but I feel better than I have in years.

I confess that I have spent some time over the past 12 days just watching Addis sleep.

I confess that I am dying for a bubble bath and a glass of wine.  I think once Addis goes to bed tonight I might just indulge in this activity.  That is as long as I don't fall asleep myself.

I confess that we had one really bad day in Ethiopia.  Addis is teething and that was the day he cut his first tooth.  He wanted nothing to do with me.  He screamed if he saw me or heard my voice.  It was heartbreaking and made me question my ability to be a good mom.  Obviously teething & lack of sleep got the best of Addis & I that day.

I confess I am totally flying by the seat of my pants with the whole mothering thing.  Most of the time I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

I confess that when I heard Addis say mum,mum,mum,mum that I thought that was the best sound in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home again!!!! I hope you get that bubble bath and glass of wine - you deserve it!!! Glad that things are going well. You and Addis will learn together - its all good!!! Hope to see you soon!!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete