Friday, May 6, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that this was yet another hard week.  Lots of ups & downs.

I confess that our baby party was a lot of fun and Brian & I are very lucky to have such great friends and Addis is lucky to have so many people who love him

I confess that after the baby party my girlfriends & I went out to the bar

I confess I felt a little like I was too old for the bar

I confess we had a great time.  I have some of the best girlfriends ever and some of them were meeting for the first time and everyone got along and we laughed ALL night long

I confess the bar we went to was a country bar and I rode the bull.  If you could call what I did riding the bull.  I managed to stay up for all of 3 seconds the first try and 9 seconds the second try.  At least I did it with dignity.  I did NOT take my pants off, ride the bull in a skirt or have my butt crack hanging out for everyone and their brother to see.  The same can't be said for some of the other ladies (I use this term loosely) at the bar that night

I confess that we got word today that our visa was issued on Wendesday and will be in Ethiopia on Monday.  It will be there when we arrive next Sunday

I confess that I'm still a little anxious about thias trip.  I don't think I will let myself fully think this is happening until we are in our front door

I confess that there were days that I thought this day would never come

I confess that I will miss my dogs terribly while I am gone

I confess that I hope the airlines allow us 2 pieces of luggage each.  We need to pack for Addis and I am the worst packer, EVER.  I want to bring everything.  I always over pack

I confess that Brian & I always argue when we are packing for a trip.  We totally turn into the Snapersons.  This task, along with painting & house cleaning turn Brian & I into the Rock Em Sock Em robots

I confess that we sold our house on Monday just a few days after it went on the market.  The sale was final as soon as we signed the papers because it was a cash deal, no conditions.  That is a big weight off my shoulders

I confess that I'm sad that I will miss Mother's Day with Addis

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you will miss Mother's Day, but you are soooo close to being together forever. I am super excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yay!!!!! I can't wait to go to Ethiopia! I wish I was coming too!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete