Friday, September 30, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that last weeks edition of Confession Friday was written but just as I was wrapping it up, I hit some button that deleted everything I wrote, replaced it with the letter O and automatically saved just at that time, so I lost everything.  I wasn't feeling well and was mad that I had lost everything so I just went to bed instead of writing more that night.  I meant to write it the next day but I came down with a terrible cold so decided to let it go for the week.

I confess this is the 4th time I've been sick in 4 months.  I had a cold, then strep throat, strep throat again and now another cold.  I think I need to start taking better care of myself.

I confess that tonight I had a girlfriend drop by unexpectedly and we went out for a drink and shared a plate of nachos.  It was great.  It was nice to see her and get out for a while with a friend.

I confess that I cut the evening short so I could come home and put Addis to bed.  I wanted to see how our bedtime story ended.  Last night we picked a longer book and we got through half of it before he got antsy.  We were going to finish the book tonight and I didn't want to miss the end of Don't Be So Nosy Posy or miss out on Addy's sweet "night night" kisses.

I confess that I already have Christmas on the brain.  I have finished my shopping for my father in law, my neice and nephew and I am almost done for Addis.  I like to shop early so I can avoid the malls in November and December.  They make me very Scroogey.

I confess that I can't wait to put up our Christmas tree.  I usually put it up the weekend of our anniversary (Nov 23).  I like to do this so I can enjoy it for as long as possible since it's quite a bit of work to put up.

I confess that my (our) Christmas tree is top to bottom Disney.  I only put Disney ornaments on it.  Tree topper is Tinkerbell.  The ornaments are various Disney characters in various shapes, scenes, etc.  The tree skirt is Winnie the Pooh and made especially for me by my mom.  I even have a train that goes around the bottom that is straight from Disney World and is a replica of the train there.  It may be silly but this tree brings me a lot fo joy and reminds me of many happy childhood memories.

I confess that we are planning a housewarming party.  We still have some work to do before I want to show off the house but it's not until November so I have a bit of time.

I confess I finished the book The Help and LOVED it.  It was a good read and I'm glad I branched out and read something different. 

I confess I am currently reading Secret Daughter and at this point (I've just finished Part 1) I'm struck by how much this reminds me of our journey.  A lot of what is written is how I felt only better articulated.  When my mom read it she kept telling me that if she didn't know better she'd swear I wrote it.  I now have a better understanding of what she meant.  Oh, and btw, I am really enjoying this one too.  It hits close to home but I think it's helping me process some feelings I haven't dealt with yet.

I confess that although I have felt terrible this week due to a cold, I have felt more like myself than I have in a long time.

I confess that someone told me that I need to look at my life like a chair.  If my chair is unbalanced then I can't carry the weight I'm supposed to.  To achieve a better balance I need to make sure the legs are all in good working order.  Those legs consist of sleep, nutrition, exercise and positive self talk.  If I look at it that way, it's no wonder I feel like I can't carry the load given to me.  All of those things have been taking a back seat lately.  I have been trying to work at these areas in my life and I feel a little less unsteady.

I confess that we have no plans this weekend and I am looking forward to a little bit of lazy hanging around.  I will also have no excuse not to clean my house and while I don't normally like house cleaning, I am looking forward to the "after".   

No comments:

Post a Comment