Friday, September 2, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that we are having trouble with Oz and Addis.  We can't leave them unattended.  Addis doesn't understand that the doggie doesn't want to play and Oz is afraid of the baby who moves too fast and makes a lot of noise.  I don't really know what to do.  Oz has been a part of our lives for 8 years and was a big part in getting me through the fertility and adoption rollercoaster.  Addis is our son.  I'm hoping that we can make this work.  I'm hoping that with a little time Addis will understand that he can't play with Oz the way he does with Jax and that Oz will understand that Addis doesn't mean any harm.

I confess that this has been a very difficult week.  We've had more bad days then good.

I confess that Brian working all these extra hours is becoming very hard for me.

I confess that because this week hasn't been very easy I treated myself to some new books.  I ordered The Book of Negroes, Sarah's Key and Water For Elephants.  I'm looking forward to spending a little "me" time reading them.  Here's hoping I get some "me" time soon.

I confess that we got new phones this week.  My cell phone went on the fritz and I needed a new one.  Brian couldn't let me have a better phone so he got a new phone too.  We got the Blackberry Bold.  I like it but it is taking a little getting use to.  I sort of feel like I have big sausage fingers.  I really like the BBM feature.

I confess I am looking forward to the new fall TV lineup.  I'm such a couch potato.

I confess I'm looking forward to the start of football.  I've been watching a little pre-season and I'm hoping that Peyton Manning gets back on the field soon.  GO COLTS!!!

I confess the house is starting to feel more like home.  We still have a ton of boxes to unpack and we still have some unfurnished rooms but slowly this is starting to feel like home.

I confess I went in to work for a visit the yesterday and I felt a bit like a stranger.  They've moved my desk and it looks like I'll be working on a new team with new brokers.  I'm a little nervous about going back.  Good thing I don't have to worry about that for another few months.  Thanks to all my friends who made me feel missed and welcome yesterday.  It means a lot.

I confess that I'm in need of some fun.  I think I'll see about arranging a night out with the girls soon.  Maybe we can manage a no shoes, no shirt, no shame night.  The kind of night were you might even be tempted to ride the bull at the country bar.   

No comments:

Post a Comment