Friday, March 30, 2012

Confession Friday

I confess that last Saturday was Addy's first swimming lesson and I couldn't have been more proud of him.  He was AMAZING!!  I couldn't get over what a total rock star he was.  He put his face in the water on his own.  He was kicking his legs by about halfway through the 30 minute lesson.  He also was comfortable laying on his back with a hand in the middle of his back for support.  Brian was in the pool with him last week and this week it's my turn to go in.  I can't wait to watch him up close.  I hope this week's lesson is as successful.

I confess that while I am excited to take part in Addy's swim lesson I am definitely less excited about wearing a bathing suit in front of people.  However, I definitely won't be letting my personal issues get in the way of being a part of such an important step in Addy's life.

I confess that I am starting to see some positive changes in my body from the exercise I've been doing.  I feel less uncomfortable.  It's a small change but it's a start.

I confess that I heard the best news this week.  Good friends of ours FINALLY heard word that they had passed court and were now legally the proud parents of an adorable little boy.  I am overjoyed for them.  I think they will make great parents.  They showed amazing grace during this difficult process of waiting and I pray that the last leg of their journey goes smoothly and they can pick up their son very soon.  Congrats B, M & B.  You are a beautiful family!!!!
I confess that this week I have been doing some work helping out other underwriters to help occupy my time as things are still very slow for my team.  I feel much more fulfilled.  I have realized I would much rather be swamped with work than have nothing to do.  It gets old really quick having nothing to do.

I confess that I am counting down the days until I see my best friend.  I CAN'T WAIT!!  I want to see how her two oldest children have grown up and I'm looking forward to meeting her youngest.  I can't wait to spend a few hours after the kids have gone to bed just catching up.  I wish we lived closer.  Spending time with Hope is like chicken soup for my soul.

I confess that we are buying a shed this weekend.  Hopefully we can move a lot of the stuff from the garage into the shed and park both cars in the garage next winter.  It was so nice to park in the garge this winter.  Not scraping my car is a nice luxury.

I confess we are going to start shopping for a bedroom set.  We've wanted one since we got married and have never been able to afford one.  We hope to find a nice set and paint/decorate our room.  In our last house we did our room last and it's something we regretted and wish we did sooner.  In this house, we hope to not put our room last.  However, things aren't shaping up the way we'd planned. 

I confess I want to get as much painting done as we can sooner than later because I don't want to waste nice days in the house and can't imagine having to face painting in the fall/winter.

I confess one of the things we want to do in our house is take some of the pictures we took in Ethiopia, fine tune them and put them on canvas to display in our family room.  Problem is, we can't decide which ones to use. 

I confess I have marked some local festivals in my calendar to take Addis to.  We have a really great multicultural festival that I can't wait to take him to.  The food, music and atmosphere is amazing.  There is also an event called Afrofest at Waterloo Park.  It's fairly small but the music is good and Addis really enjoyed himself last year.  I also can't wait to see details about a local Jazz festival.  It's an entire weekend and free.  Last year they had Jully Black perform.  Unfortunately we had to miss that event last year.  This year, I'm really hoping to get there at least one day.  Addis has music in his soul and I know he'd love it.  He's also love all the people.  He's a real people person.

I confess I have big plans for the summer.  Here's a sneak peek - Zoo, beach, park, bike rides, 2nd birthday party (Lightning McQueen theme), Canada Day, camping, picnics.  I guess it all boils down to family time.  I can't wait.  The summer is supposed to be hot and sunny.  Sounds to me like our future's so bright, we'll have to wear shades!  It's a good feeling!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have you back in the blogging world, Ang, and I'm so glad things seem to be going well!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete