Friday, December 16, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that 1 month from today I have to go back to work.  I have very mixed emotions about this.  I am looking forward to adult conversation during the day.  I am sad and anxious about leaving Addis all day.  I also found out yesterday that I'm going to be working on a different team because they are short staffed.  I worked in this department 4 years ago and worked very hard to move up into my position.  I feel a little like I've been demoted.  This is supposed to be temporary but that doesn't mean short lived by any means.  It looks as if I'm going to be there until at least the summer.  I worried about being bored.  I'm hoping though that this will lead to some bigger opportunities as there are many changes that will be occurring in this department.

I confess that yesterday was officially 7 months together.  I can't believe where the time is going. 

I confess that Addis has not been interested in sweets until we started opening up the advent calendar doors.  He now loves chocolate.  I love watching his face when he gets his chocolate in the morning.  His smile is so big.

I confess I went to my work holiday lunch today.  It's a dressier event and I put on a pair of heels for the first time in about 8 months.  I had a hard time walking in them.  I felt ridiculous.  It was like I forgot how to walk in heels and I looked a little like a little girl playing dress up in her mother's high heels.  I think I might have to start wearing them around the house and practice a little before I go back to work so I don;t make a fool out of myself.

I confess that tonight we will start wrapping Christmas presents. 

I confess that I had finished my Christmas shopping (with the exception of Brian) and then I saw a few more things Addis would like so I bought them.  I may have gone a little overboard this year.  I am just so excited for Christmas morning.

I confess that I finally took the time to post some pictures of Addis on Facebook.  I've been meaning to for a while and just haven't gotten around to it.  There's some really cute ones so take a few minutes and take a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment