Friday, December 2, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that today has been a frustrating day.  It was almost as though the photography Gods were against us and then with us, then against us, etc.  They were a flighty bunch today.  We got the call to come pick up the professional photos we did of Addis a week early (bonus! after they told us after taking the darn things that it would take almost 3 weeks) only to have the studio closed for an afternoon break.  The photographer failed to mention this when I told her we'd come by later in the afternoon to pick them up.  We left to take Addis to see Santa and while we got a great shot, the picture would not attach to the email the Santa Experience sends.  They send all photos by email and then you print them as needed.  There is not cost just a donation to the Child Witness Centre. (great idea in my opinion). Anyway, we had to go back to the mall and investigate because there was no phone number on our receipt or the website and all we had was a blank page with a little memo saying "thanks for using the Santa Experience".  We not only got a re-take, but were able to salvage the first picture.  However, Addis was tired and not interested in sitting alone with Santa the second time around.  He caused a scene.  We ended up having to sit in the picture too.  I guess this is a good thing because we got a nice(ish) family photo with Santa.  However, the people in line were not Sandau family fans as they thought we were line jumpers.  The elves felt so bad about our photo not attaching and having to make a return trip that they ushered us to the front of the line and made everyone else wait. 

I confess that I got bad news about a friend tonight and my heart hurts.  Get well soon friend.  I miss you very much.

I confess that this is the weekend Brian and I are getting away.  YIPPEE!!!  Not sure what I'm most exicted about.  The hot tub, the ability to sleep in (no dogs whining for breakfast at 6am or baby crying because he hears the dogs), the football game or the Nine West outlet just down the road from our hotel.  Oh, the endless possibilities!!!!

I confess that I went to the mall for one item and came across a Yankee Candle store.  WHAT???  When did that come to Canada?  I was very excited and then had an "Oh NO" moment after I spent money I probably shouldn't have.  Oh well, my house will smell wonderful at Christmas.

I confess that I tried making our Christmas card on the Costco website this evening and had no luck.  It was going well earlier today but when I went back in to edit, it turned into a gong show.  Sometimes I think I have no business around a computer.  I think I will go into the store armed with my USB loaded with pics and if I run into trouble, hopefully somewhere there can help me.  Even if that someone is just a passing customer.

1 comment: