Friday, October 14, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess I have been worried about a friend all week.  Honey, you are never far from my mind.  I hope you get well soon.

I confess that Addis has entered a hitting phase.  I don't care for it.  He gets frustrated and he hits things.  Me, the dogs, the wall, etc.  I"m already looking forward to the day we leave this phase behind. 

I confess that I spent the day with my family.  My brother brought over my niece and nephew to play with Addis.  My parents and sister joined us.  We watched the Lion King twice and probably pulled out every single toy Addis owns.  We ate hot dogs for lunch.  It was a lot of fun.  When it was time for my brother and the kids to go my niece shouted "I come back again. Ok?"  I told her she was welcome anytime.

I confess that this morning started out terribly.  I had dealt with 4 tantrums before I was even up a half hour.  We've been dealing with quite a few tantrums lately.  A certain someone gets bent out of shape when they don't get their way and proceeds to make angry noises at me. 

I confess that while today did not start out wonderful, I was able to look on the bright side.  It made me realize how far I have come recently in how I am feeling.  While Addis was shrieking at the top of his lungs and crying, I was able to find my Patient Mommy voice instead of dissolving into tears myself.  I say this is progress!!

I confess that I have a zillion clothes, most of which I don't wear (too big, too small, out of fashion, etc) but I do not seem to have the ability to throw them out.  I can purge plenty of other items from the house but just can't seem to part with my clothes.  I think I need an intevention.  I need a support group,  Heck, I'm close to needing those people from that disturbing show Hoarders to come in.  This is a cry for help!

I confess that I just finished the book Secret Daughter tonight.  I laughed. I cried. I identified.  Good read.

I confess that I am staring down a mountain of laundry tonight. 

I confess that at the Oktoberfest parade this past Monday I ran like a scared little girl at the first sight of a clown.  Things went from bad to worse when I was fiddling with the camera and looked up to see a clown staring me right in the face trying to hug Addis (I was holding him in my lap).  I just about peed my pants.  I think I am still trauamtized.  Seriously, why do they have to ruin a perfectly nice event like a parde by including clowns.  Can I get an amen?

I confess that I am addicted to my Blackberry.  I've only had it for just over a month and I realized this.  I am like Pavlovs dog.  The blackberry dings and I start looking to see how emailed, texted or bbm'd me.

I confess I went to see a movie last night.  It was nice to get out of the house.  I was a little reluctent at first to go to the movie because it was the remake of Footloose.  Let's keep it real here, that's a classic, it doesn't need redoing.  However, my sister had free tickets so I thought, what the heck, it's a chance to eat some popcorn and get out.  At least I'd enjoy the soundtrack, right?  I The movie turned out to be pretty decent.  I think the trick was to keep an open mind and take it at face value.  I LOVED the actor they cast for the part of Willard.  He was a favourite character in the original and in my opinion is even better in the remake.  I especially loved the scene where he's learning to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment