Friday, November 18, 2011

Confession Friday


I confess there was no Confession Friday last week because we went to the in-laws to celebrate Christmas with them before they went South for the winter.  We couldn't get wi-fi access until later in the weekend.

I confess Addis and I had another cold last week.  That makes 6 times in 6 months for me.  I expected to be sick a lot once Addis was in daycare but what on earth is going on now?  Where are we picking up all these germs?  With any luck maybe we'll have built up a nice immune system by the time he goes to daycare and won't have to worry about being sick all the time when I go back to work.

I confess that Addis seems to be entering a phase that I knew would come, but can do without.  He's testing his boundries and limits.  He does things I've told him 1000 times not to do.  Not only is he doing them, but he looks at me first to see if I'm watching and then he grins at me.  He's clearly challenging me.

I confess that tonight we had our first opportunity to follow through on a threat that was made.  I don't want to be one of those parents making empty threats like "If you don't stop doing (insert behaviour here), I'll turn this car around" or "we'll go home", etc.  So when Addis starting acting up in the restaurant at dinner we were presented with the opportunity to put up or shut up.  Addis threw a piece of his snack on the floor and I sternly reminded him that we don't throw food and told him that if he didn't change his behaviour, we'd leave.  So when he threw his sippy cup at the man sitting at the table next to us, we had no choice but to follow through.  Brian took Addis outside to talk to him.  They came back in but only to ask our waitress to box up the food as soon as it was ready and pay our bill.  While Brian was doing that, I put on Addy's coat and brought him out to the car where we sat waiting for Brian.  I'm not sure how much actually registered with Addis since he is so young, but I think it's important to start establshing rules and patterns early.

I confess I have actually started working out again.  It's just been a few days but it's a start and certainly more then I've done in the past 7 months.  I'm sore all over, but it feels good to be doing something again. 

I confess that Brian and I have booked two days/one night away.  For our anniversary we are going to Niagara Falls for a day and staying the night and the next day we are going to a football game.  I'm so excited.  I can hardly wait to go!!!

I confess that I had a massage today and it was delightful to endulge in a little "me time".

I confess that I bought Brian, Addis and I matching personalized stockings from the Disney Store.  I can hardly wait for them to be delivered.  I also bought a matching advent calendar.

I confess I am excited about Christmas and hope to start decorating for the season this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment