Friday, November 25, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that I am sitting all alone right now enjoying blissful peace and quiet after getting a chance to sleep in.  It must be my lucky day.  Addis was up REALLY early (out of character) and Brian got up with him to let me sleep in.  When I finally woke up at 9:30am, they were both heading back upstairs to go back to bed.  So now I'm sitting enjoying a cup of tea and getting an early jumpstart to my blog.

I confess that I am still working on the referral story post.  Stayed tuned.  It's a good story. 

I confess that this week (Nov 23) was our 9th anniversary.  We are planning an overnight trip to Niagara Falls and a football game in the near future so we kept our actually anniversary low key.  This is the first year we had to decide to either get a babysitter to go out or keep our plans kid friendly.  Isn't it wonderful?!  We decided on the kid friendly version.  I took the dogs for a walk while Brian and Addis went to get dinner.  We sat in our family room and ate Subway while watching the movie Rio.  I think this was one of the best anniversaries we've had in a long time.  Who knew sandwiches and cartoons would be better then steak dinner and martinis?

I confess that I'm really making more time for self care these days.  When Addis first came home I was lucky to get in a shower and brush my teeth.  If I put on clean clothes they certainly didn't stay that way for long.  Well, six months later I shower daily again, I get out of the house in clean clothes and they stay that way 99% of the time, I put on make-up, I find some time now and again to workout and I've even been taking time to use my favourite scented body lotion.  I am feeling like myself again.

I confess that there is a piece of super rich chocolate cake in my fridge that is calling my name.  Yes, even though it's only 10am, it's calling my name.  I would eat it for breakfast and I'm aware that this is totally disgusting to eat rich desserts this early in the morning but I'm a sucker for chocolate cake.  However, I won't be eating it just yet.  Even though it's call is getting louder and louder, I am going to resist temptation until Addis gets up so I can share it with him.  Ok, those of you that know me really well can pick your jaws up off the floor.  Yes, Ange is going to share food.  What can I say, it's love?  I love Addis chocolate cake big.

I confess that my friend who has been sick is getting better and nothing could make me happier.  Prayers really are answered.  Welcome back honey!  You were missed more then I can say.  Can't wait to finally see you.

I confess that I really enjoyed deocrating for Christmas this year.  The past few years we have decorated but our hearts weren"t really into it.  This year neither of us channeled Scrooge while putting up the tree.  We laughed, we smiled, we made some wonderful memories.  We even put on a Christmas Jazz station and listened to xmas music.  Again, people that know me well can pick up their jaws off the floor. I listened to Christmas music.  I even, dare I say it, enjoyed it. 

I confess that normally I do not enjoy Christmas music.  I don't mind hearing it Christmas day but this nonsense about playing it the day after Halloween is lost on me.  Also, my tastes for xmas music usually run to the inappropriate.

I confess that we took Addis to get photos done.  He wasn't overly cooperative.  He's too busy to sit and have some strange person take his photo.  We got a really nice shot but I'm not sure I'll do that again until he's a little older.  I have a friend who's a photographer and I think we'll just get her to do family shots from  now on so that we can work around Addis and his personality.  I'd rather have shots of him playing and having fun and full of life than a posed picture anyway.  Don't get me wrong, the picture we have is lovely and I'd be happy to send anyone who wants one their own copy when we receive it, but trying to get a little boy to sit still can be like trying to catch lightning.

I confess that tonight we are going to rent a movie and I am going to indulge in some popcorn with loads of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment